Tuesday, September 14, 2010

construire son propre chemin.

Well, it would be wise to start off by saying that our vacation was a splendid one! So much rekindling and array of times shared, that truly nothing can or would compare. From the very beginning it had felt very much as if we had this written in fate.

Many wonderful individuals, close to our hearts have helped, if not contributed wholly, for our experience to be one of the very best, and without any doubt it was. From the arrival to our departure, the weather was beautifully adequate, and we were graciously presented with the gift of rain a short few hours after setting the luggage in, S spoke how incredible it would be if it would rain maddly, and within minutes, droplets,became many, and a downpour was upon us. We both decided to have a cup of fresh caribou coffee and jump in the hot tub, ready to go, passionately hand in hand, looking at another, the way it should be done.


I think we forget to truly admire our mate

"it is impervious to superficiality...
it is just us, bones, skin, heart and soul, nothing else,
that is how I love to live life.
"





Many conversations were shared, and we truly enjoyed ourselves within the outdoors. So much to do, to explore and to admire.

endless flat lands, hot weather, lack of seasons, lack of terrain, lack of activities, the fact that their culinary industry is very slim, and the idea of being a tanned, buffed, beach going wannabee, just doesn't strike me as something remotely invigorating...not the least; Oh and the triple digit hot as hell kitchens that reside around...yes that is just wrong. I don't care who you are, what you own, and how hard you work, that is far beyond normalcy.

On our last night within the Blue Ridge mountains, we wanted to celebrate our best vacation yet, and  with such positive, optimistic vibes, is when things just got better as the night went along.

Harvest On Main

Let's just say that I concluded myself as any passionate chef would whence entering, what would become my new kitchen. I loved it from the very first step, everything just made sense, the mood was perfect, the light were dim, the true cabin feel, with no sense of being overdone or superfluous for that matter, it felt real, the menu looked authentic, seasonal and crafted by someone who actually cares for once, trust me it's been awhile!

We tasted a variety of options and after a few glasses, including one suggestion that was given for us to share, much time passed just talking about possibilities, which led to my questions about wanted help in the kitchen, then as the chef peered outside his little window over looking the bar, things were obvious, this lanky one wants to work here... and guess what? We drove home, I smiled the whole way, updated my resume, gave in my notice, sent my resume the very next morning with a heavy cup of strong coffee, then proceeded to smoke a few long-awaited cigarettes and I got my answer 3days after.

.: je part bientôt :.

O:nen

No comments:

Post a Comment